Lost Items Policies
Delivered but missing package
At our discretion, BondiBoost requires a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that BondiBoost is a package protection company that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the claim with BondiBoost, BondiBoost is requiring a police report.
- Send BondiBoost the police report PDF & number in the claim.
Upon request, BondiBoost can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
It is at Bondi Boost’s discretion to either re-send the product or provide a refund.
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
Invalid address or delivery barriers
Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost and will be re-sent by BondiBoost.
Order stuck in customs
BondiBoost cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If BondiBoost replaces something the customer has already paid customs on, under BondiBoost’s discretion, BondiBoost can approve and pay customs the second time.
Claim filed too soon
- If the customer is filing a claim the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion BondiBoost may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Stolen Items Policies
Filing a police report
On orders over $100, BondiBoost requires evidence of the police report OR video evidence of the customer’s package being stolen.
Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that BondiBoost is a package protection company that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the claim with BondiBoost, BondiBoost is requiring a police report. Once filed, the customer sends BondiBoost the police report PDF & number in the claim.
- Upon request, BondiBoost can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
- It is at BondiBoost’s discretion to either re-send the product or provide a refund.
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, BondiBoost considers this as stolen and it is at BondiBoost’s discretion to either re-send the product or provide a refund.
Input wrong address
If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, BondiBoost does not cover this.
Too late to file
BondiBoost can action a claim that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If a claim is filed outside of this timeline, BondiBoost will deny the claim according to these policies:
- Claims for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises."
- Claims for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed after 7 days and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, BondiBoost will not cover it.
Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Bondi Boost will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
For payment installments (Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- Once BondiBoost refunds the customer for their order, the customer must pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
Non-sanctioned shipping address
- BondiBoost will only cover claims made for deliveries to Australia.
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, BondiBoost will automatically close the claim.
Didn't want Freight Protection
If the customer’s package has not shipped, BondiBoost can refund the Freight Protection cost.
- If the item has shipped, BondiBoost cannot refund the customer.